Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Priorities

I'm supposed to be on Peak Week for my Ironman training.

I'm on vacation with my family at the beach in North Carolina.

So... peak week isn't going to be peak week.  There will not be a 100 mile bike ride.  There will not be any lap swimming.  I tried that Monday and it took 40 minutes to drive to the pool.  Not worth it.

I will bike (30 miles or less) and I will run.  I will even do an 18 mile run on Saturday, since I can still be back at the house by 10am.  But I will not devote this week to training.

Sometimes your priorities have to be your family.  And spending time on the beach.

That is all.  Back to my vacation.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely. I switch my weeks around all the time because of family priorities. Such is life! Have a great vacation and I'm sure you're training will be back on track in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far today we've had a monsoon, cloud to ground lightening, and high winds. Not really safe for swimming or biking anyhow. Guess it is a rest day or at least a rest morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed on both counts. Family, hurray! And, your body needs a rest.

    ReplyDelete