Monday, January 30, 2012

Getting My Swim On

...so I haven't swam since the tri in October. And my swim in that race was TERRIBLE! Although I don't think I'll start officially "IronMan" training until after the March marathon, I need to get some base swimming and technique going on. After getting some advice from the local masters swimming listserv I decided to try out the CycleLife masters program -- it meets 2 miles down the road from 5:30-6:30am so I can be in the car at 6:35 and home in time for Jamie's 6:45am departure.

I. was. so. tired. today.

So I've been doing running intervals -- hard ones -- every Monday morning and I'm awake and energized for the rest of the day. I don't know if was the lack of swimming for 4 months or what, but I was EGGS-AW-STED the rest of the day. I had planned originally to try to do the running intervals after work -- no way in the world. I felt like I was going to fall asleep the rest of the day. Weather was unbelievable - sunny and gorgeous at the end of January - so I did run a bit before picking up the kids from daycare. Very. slowly.

Things are going to get tight once I start swimming regularly and get the bike things going too. I'm going to have to do some double workouts, so that means before the kids get up likely after they go to sleep. That got me thinking -- maybe I can hook up the bike trainer and get some TV in evenings. I don't think I've watched TV in 4 months between going back to work, nursing Jack, trying to keep my house from being in complete disarray, and marathon training.

That got me thinking -- maybe I should watch TV right now. So I am watching Desperate Houswives and relaxing. The kitchen is not clean. The lunches are not made. And I'm not feeling guilty about it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment