Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 2 and 3 of Iroman training... and my husband is out of town.

I am so lucky to have a spouse that supports my training.  We've worked out a pretty good schedule and I can get most of my workouts in before 7am, and he also watches the children when I do long rides and runs on the weekends. Unexpectedly he is going to be out of the country for the next two and a half weeks... so training will have to take on some creativity.

I have a bike trainer in the basement, a bike trailer that I can put the children in, and a jogging stroller.  I can use the pool at the gym while the children are in the play area.  I also have 75 minutes between when I finish work and when I need to pick up my children from the babysitter.  So while I sadly have to give up Masters Swimming for a couple weeks, I should be able to get in most of my workouts this week.  My plan is to do my cycle workouts before they get up in the mornings, my runs either right after work or with the jogger, and do a couple nights at the gym so I can use the pool.  We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment